The Mississippi Department of Health issued the following statement.
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has confirmed five reported cases of cyclosporiasis in the state from Public Health Districts 3 (the Delta), 5 (Central), 8 (Southern), and 9 (which includes the coastal counties). At this time, none of those reported cases have been linked to the multistate outbreak under investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In a press conference Friday, State Epidemiologist Dr. Renia Dotson stressed that Mississippians should not panic. The parasite is well-known, treatable, and the resulting illness is rarely spread directly from person to person.
View the full press conference here: https://youtu.be/fU4Q9onk_nU
Cyclosporiasis is a gastrointestinal illness that can infect people who have consumed food or water contaminated by the microscopic parasite Cyclospora. The CDC has linked shredded iceberg lettuce served at Taco Bell locations in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and West Virginia to the multistate outbreak.

21 comments:
Nope, it’s that dangerous raw milk from the farmer we’ve built a relationship with down the road that we should avoid - not the human poop fertilized bagged lettuce.
It has been found in MS? Ya’ll run…..!
If we can't drink the water in Mexico, how the hell should we be comfortable eating vegetables raised in the same water and (supposedly) washed off in that same water prior to shipment?
Keep on chugging that raw milk you doofus.
Keep on chugging that raw milk you doofus.
July 18, 2026 at 3:07 PM
Been drinking raw milk all my life...I'm 70 now...When am I gonna get sick?
You’re right. I went to Mexico in 2015 and I will NEVER ever go back again. You cannot even brush your teeth with the water out of the faucet, which I did. You all don’t realize the amount of infectious diseases these immigrants bring with them into our country and we are not prepared to combat them. As I said I will never in my life go back there.
I am eating a Rallys burger with shredded lettuce while reading this post.
Montezuma’s Revenge😜
Anyone that eats at Taco Bell and Krystal should already be used to this kind of S£¥>T
You wouldn't be here if your great grandparents had not drunk it straight from a cow's tit.
I grew up drinking raw milk from our family dairy cow. I never got sick but our mother got brucellosis from it. I don't understand why anyone thinks raw milk is better than pasteurized milk. Kind of an old hippie mentality, I guess.
I'm 72 y/o, have been traveling to Mexico since I was 17 and got sick only one time there. "Diarrhea" is the same word in Spanish and English and the pharmacias will provide you with medicine. That said, I don't eat raw lettuce in Mexico and always thoroughly wash fruit and avocados in bottled water, just like the Mexicans do. No one in Mexico drinks or cooks with tap water, including Mexicans. I have been sick numerous times in the US from eating bad food sourced, grown, and prepared here. It can happen anywhere.
Taylor Farms supposedly grew the Iceberg lettuce . Did a little reading and their Iceberg lettuce is in many different packages in hundreds of stores .
Let us be careful.
FDA has walked back the Taylor Farms claims. False positive.
News reports of anything suck. So do we avoid all lettuce or just certain types? Trying to avoid all this crap is getting old when all the influencers are working on clicks and media is/has been self gratifying. You seriously cannot depend on anyone to do the right thing. Avoidance is the only action.
I drink raw milk too and even know how to wipe my ass front to back, then side to side. Momma didn't rize no fool.
The Chip-oat-Lay on County Line Road is a disaster waiting to happen. Employees don't care, they're half staffed every time I go in (3 times now) , the employees all act pissed to be at work, it takes literally 30-45 minutes to get what should take 5-10 minutes. The whole place looks nasty. I guarantee they have a pile of health violations at any given time. I realize it's not on topic but it needs to be said.
Here's an idea: lets deregulate food safety to cut government wasts.
Pissed and pooped in at the farm..........pissed and pooped in on the truck........pissed and pooped in at the processer........and then spat in at the eatery.
Growers saving money on money on stuff like bathrooms, sanitation and safety?
The epidemiology pointed to Taco Bell, saying a particular test result was a false positive is exactly that, and is not proof that something didn't happen.
There probably were a signoificant number of equipment sanitation and cleaning cycles and different product batches between what has infecting people in May and June and what was testsed last week.
Absent retention of samples to be tested today there is no way to test what was sold a month or two ago.
Post a Comment