2013 posts (Most recent at top)
Graham & Hunter: Liars
WLBT: Stokes says lets go to court over primaries.
Candidates start to line up at the gate
Graham says county will not pay for elections
Who will rid us of these pests?
Supes congratulate St. Andrews
Hinds County Board of Supervisors yesterday
Hinds GOP announces primary dates
And... we're off to the races
Hinds Dems announce primaries
Judge orders Hinds County to turn over Motorola settlement to JJ
Graham & Stokes tag-team Peggy
Sheriff attacks rumors
Constable says lawsuit filed without his consent
Hinds Supes appoint replacements. Whites need not apply.
Hinds County Democrats doing what they do beset
Judge Skinner protests drug court cuts
Hinds Supes bring back 3/5 but its not a compromise
Hinds County Courts begin efiling
Court allows JJ to challenge sealing of Motorola settlement
JJ wins a round in court.
Hinds Supes hire board attorney
Hinds Supes refuse to bid out mosquito spraying
Airwave: The Taxman Cometh....
Hinds Supes pay $66,000 for report
Hinds Supes discuss pest control
Hinds Supes are at it again
Stokes:"I didn't sign nothing"
Stokes says he is "sick of lies" about E911 fund
Robert Graham: FIGJAM!!!
E911 fund going broke, Graham and Stokes vote do do nothing
Hinds E911 running out of money
About that lobbyist and contingency fees
Hinds Supes hire disbarred lawyer as lobbyist
Hinds Supes sneak paying NAACP head $40,000 into meeting (The post that broke the story in Jackson)
More on Hinds/NAACP redistricting scam in the Northside Sun
More redistricting follies by Hinds BOS
Hinds Redistricting meeting TONIGHT at 6:00 PM
WLBT covers redistricting last night
Fireworks at Hinds BOS last night. Video of meeting included.
Hinds Redistricting Monday night at 6:00 PM
WLBT on Hinds Redistricting: "Foxes in the Hen House"
Hinds redistricting tomorrow night. Correct census numbers included.
All but one map is up. Read and Weep.
Hinds adopts plan. Splits Clinton in two. Video and maps included.
Are these comments racist?
NAACP's Derrick Johnson is NOT an attorney, he just plays one for $40,000 contracts (Video included)
Robert Graham: "Derrick Johnson is an attorney"
Hinds Supervisor Robert Graham on Derrick Johnson (Parody video)
Pete Perry discusses contract on Gallo (audio)
Hinds misses deadline for redistricting (video)
Marsha pummels Hinds County
Other Hinds stuff:
WLBT: Hinds does not have E911
The rest of the story about why Hinds does not have E911
Update on Hinds E911
Hinds E911 update
Map of counties without E911
Byram PD can't get radios: the REST of the story
Fox40 covers Byram radio problem
Marsha nails the Byram radio controversy
Phil Fisher runs for re-election
Not so fast, Robert Graham
MBJ: Hinds defies the law
Hinds BOS does a little shuffle on radios (Video)
Hinds to Madison & Ridgeland: Get lost, no, wait, come back
Hinds tries to squeeze Nextel for $1 million, FCC says no
WLBT shines light on Airwave,LLC. Graham hides.
Hinds BOS Food Fight!!!
WLBT: Byram says enough is enough and buys Motorolas
Byran & Board go at it again over radios
Hinds County has not paid for police radios nor obtained required approval
Auditor says payback may be in order
EOC director adopts Nuremberg defense
Cheryl brought it last night
What the hell is going on in Hinds County?
Kingfish & Lasseter discuss Hinds County on WJNT
Board used 2008 report by Stowers & Hargrove to sue Motorola
Procurement Committee babysits Hinds (Video)
Byram to Hinds: We got your notice right here.
Hinds opines on whether Byram can have access to radio system
Brown: Stowers/Hargrove "stole" from company
JJ files motion to intervene against Hinds County
State Auditor issues $46,000 demand against Robert Graham
WLBT joins intervention against Hinds & Motorola
Well what do you know? Precious had a well, "precious" contract
WLBT reports on Martin's contract
Hinds wants to keep it secret
Precious tries to keep settlement secret
Hinds screws up redistricting so badly Obama DOJ won't accept plan
JJ files response to Hinds County
Hinds hires another Precious crony
June 20 meeting of Hinds BOS (video)
Hinds audit: $5.1 million deficit
JFP whitewash of Graham
Dale Danks to Charles Graham: see ya
WLBT reports on Hinds deficit
Robert Graham the leg-breaker
Theurapeutic Hypothermia offered in Hinds County
Robert Amos: the REST of the story.
CL editorial lowers boom on Hinds County
Barbour voted for interest rate swaps. Porter made jack.
Phase II E911 update (Video)
Hinds being sneaky again
Went to the Hinds County Circus today (video)
Cheryl & Elizabeth go to the circus
Results from Hinds Sheriff's race
Meet Tyrone Lewis monitor Too Sweet
An update on Too Sweet
You can't make this up. WLBT story.
Mac says farewell
Company makes million dollar mistake on taxes
Doug Anderson affidavit: Whites need not apply
Hinds BOS meeting Sept 8 2011 (Video)
Hinds refuses to provide spending records
Hinds getting downright funny
Dirty cop running for constable in Hinds County
Byram still can't access Hinds radio system
Robert Graham still likes to play Lieutenant
Feds award grant for Byram-Clinton corridor
Hinds paid $2.2 million to Airwave since 2008
Supes refuse to bid out Airwave contracts
Seethespending.org now has Hinds records
Hinds did not advertise for Airwave contracts. Legal?
WLBT's Dennis Smith slams Hinds over No-bid contracts
Auditor goes after Graham. NECI Prez accuses him of fraud.
Did Madison & Ridgeland really bootleg off of Hinds radio system
2013 posts (Most recent at top)
John R. Rose
Byrd Newspapers of Virginia
Mar 18, 2017
Mar 17, 2017
North America Syndicate
Mar 16, 2017
Mar 16, 2017
WJTV News 12
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- Leg passes campaign finance bill.
- Hambrick killer tries to blame victim.
- Sanctuary city ban goes to Governor
- Rick Cleveland: March is the sweet spot
- It's Auburn.
- And now a word from our sponsor
- Stonebridge PID defaulted on bonds
- Partying with The Chief
- JPD catches carjacker
- SOS issues legislative update.
- Rudy sues CMU for $6.3 million.
- Judge Green curseth the Blessed
- Commission & Mayor continue to scrap over loan
- Police responded to domestic disturbance call earl...
- Sunday Morning Sermon
- Wingate whalloped.
- Bill Crawford: Fuel Diversification is Real Kemper...
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- Stupid crooks of the day.
- "Poll" shows Lumumba lead
- Update on Madison murder/suicide
- Layoffs at UMMC
- Ridgeland police take down bank robber.
- No comment.
- McDonald's family sues Wayne Parish
- Cleveland bars busted
- Deputy & girlfriend killed.
- Bigger Pie's Charles Grayson: Death by a thousand ...
- JPD charges 3 in woman's murder.
- Rick Cleveland: March Madness is upon us.
- Mitch wants to make Bourbon Street family-friendy
- City Council makes its $90 million march.
- Killer of elderly woman gets 20 years.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- Health Department approves all vaccination exempti...
- House continues to push for road money
- City publishes notice for $90 million loan.
- The Rez now has an app.
- "Everything that guy just said is ________."
- Mumps infections continue to rise.
- You can't make this up.
- Having What It Takes.
- Water restored.
- Bill Crawford: Small towns can make it.
- MDOC removes inmates from Hinds jail
- It is coming.
- Eric Hambrick's killer gets a blessing from Tomie ...
- Shakedown goes down.
- UMMC closing former downtown & Northeast "Courthou...
- Nor was there a drop to drink.
- Death Spiral?
- Officer injuring chasing kidnapper
- Madison crime drops
- About that $90 million loan.
- Suffer the little children....
- Man shot after attacking police officer
- Fitch to host Girl Scouts Career Day
- Rick Cleveland: Speed does not always mean fast
- Court rules Patrick Kelly must pay $100,000 for po...
- Vote on Rankin County school bond issue today
- Let the games begin in Madison
- Will B.B. King go to Washington?
- Governor appoints new MDOC Commish
- Bellegrove standoffs end
- Gipson amendment clarifies divorce law
- Suspended sentence for Ben Allen
- Wonderful. Just Wonderful.
- Stonewall at Stonebridge
- Stupid crook of the day
- Our Finest Hour
- Take the Trace to Turcotte
- Lock & load: Carjacker escapes Hinds jail. (Update...
- Baltimore PD busts Tea Partier
- And they are off to the races
- Supreme Court rules against Watkins
- Bill Crawford: Is concentrated power a good thing?...
- Bed-wetter alert
- Margaret moves on.
- Food Fight at the 1% Sales Tax Commission
- Temple killer gets life without parole
- Civic leaders stand up for Ben Allen
- Fitch: MPACT-Legacy has $12.6 million shortfall
- Judge Tomie Green's blessing turns into a curse
- Underground 119 to reopen on April 1
- More details provided on Deaton capture
- Lawyer to Gipson: Put up or shut up!!!
- Will Senate block Rivers McGraw bill?
- Destruction in Franklin
- Do not try this at home.
- Rick Cleveland: Slump or were Lady Bulldogs expose...
- UPDATE: Deaton caught in Kansas
- ▼ March (93)
- ► 2016 (1504)
- ► 2015 (1589)
- ► 2014 (1315)
- ► 2013 (1080)
- ► 2012 (1088)
- ► 2011 (1049)
- ► 2010 (942)
- ► 2009 (975)
- ► 2008 (931)
- ► 2007 (398)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Presenting the Mississippi State Capitol (Video)
- Editorial: The airport belongs to Jackson. Period.
- Kelly arrested for taking pics of Rose Cochran
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- PERS gets mo' money but funding level falls
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Rez News
- West Jackson Facebook page
- Y'all Politics
- Downtown Jackson Partners
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.