Watching WAPT. Sheriff McMillin kicks Tyrone Lewis's arse with over 60% of the vote. I'm enjoying this one as some scumbags ripped a huge McMillin sign out of my yard. Ripping this sign out took some work as the 4 foot long metal stakes were hammered very deeply into the ground. Sheriff Mac looks tired. Is anyone at Lewis's party? Who did he anger in the media as they are really making him look pretty bad. As Pikersam at JFP pointed out, there was a crowd shot and only SEVEN people were at his party. How embarrassing. I understand everyone likes a winner but damn, this was one of the worst election-night parties I've ever seen. "Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came: The Tyrone Lewis Campaign for Sheriff Story". However, it was nice to see the Sheriff survive WJTV's hit job last week and slam dunk his rivals to win the election. Congrats Sheriff Mac!!! Glad to see you earned another term.
How many times is WAPT going to interview Faye Peterson? Yeesh, this is turning into the Faye Peterson election coverage channel. Robert Smith, for whom I voted, within 1500 right now. Purvis is last, thank goodness. The more I listened to her, the more I disliked her, unlike the other two candidates.
Once again we are treated to Matt Friedeman (Does anyone pay attention to what he says anymore since he is no longer a regular newspaper columnist and is no longer on WFMN or WJNT?) and Harvey Johnson. WLBT had their retreads as well: Bert Case and Former Congressman David Bowen. The only person missing was Dr. Leslie McLemore as he is usually brought into these discussions in an effort to show diversity. Some diversity. A diversity of boredom if anything. Yawn.
Surely we can get some different political analysts for our election coverage. With all of the bloggers who make it their business to stay educated on Mississippi politics such as Alan Lange, Andy Taggart, Jere Nash, Tom Head, Donna Ladd, John Leek, etc, why isn't the media showing some fresh faces and analysis instead of the same people we have been watching for the last 15-20 years? I would have liked to see three or four of the bloggers I named on a post-election panel for a half hour or so tonight. Instead, I got the late night equivalent of My Three Sons reruns. OK. Enough of my soapbox, back to the coverage.
Charlie Ross is having his party at CORKY'S??? To think I grew up with Edwin Edwards having his parties at the Hilton and other nice venues in Baton Rouge. Yeesh. I am definitely in Mississippi. Phil is at the Ag Museum. The Democrats are playing cheapskates and combining several parties at Hal and Mals. Jamie Franks is at SCROOGES??? Doesn't ANYONE in this damned town know how to throw a good election night party?
At least one good thing will come of tonight. I won't have to watch this race between Ross and Bryant any longer. Watching these guys fight reminds me of the commercials where Palmer and Nicklaus tried to act as if they didn't like each other. Yeah right. One sad thing about Ross is that it is rare that we have someone with his talent and background running for state office and I don't think he played theses strengths up enough. Look at Bobby Jindal and how he has parlayed his Ivy League background into a successful political career in Louisiana.
Over at The Jackson Free Press, Donna Ladd is giddy with glee as she finds numerous errors in The Clarion-Ledger's coverage, something that is unfortunately not hard to do (Especially as long as Eric Stringfellow writes at that paper). She experiences a literary orgasm as she writes "Pro-Choice Choice Candidate Defeats Erik Fleming". She throws a few barbs at the Republican candidates but nothing too harsh.
Damn. Kenny Stokes is ahead in the supervisor's race. I hate seeing him get a promotion BUT that does remove a reliable Melton vote on the City Council. Update: Oops, he lost. So sorry Kenny.
DA's race: Ladd is pimping her girl Faye in a serious tryout for the job of Campaign Manager for Faye Peterson. AND doing a good job of it. Maybe she is in the wrong profession after all. Robert Smith made the runoff and is only 2,000 votes behind Ms. Peterson. Purvis barely received 10,000 votes even though she raised the most money.
Advice to Frank Melton: Please stop sending your lackeys to run for office. One common trait of people you hire is that they do not tend to be that smart, show little initiative, and do little on their own to distinguish themselves as well as being poorly qualified. Elections tend to highlight these qualities as the voters judge accordingly. We prefer to elect leaders, not lapdogs.
Just went to WLBT's website. No mention of election results. There is a small link at the top of the page to click on for results, but no stories listed. strange. WJTV stuck its election results down on the lower right side of the website in a sidebar listing of stories. However, no listing of these stories in the "To the Point Headlines".
WAPT is ending its on-air coverage at 10:30? Gee thanks. Now I have to rely on the Axis of Melton for broadcast coverage.
Clarion-Ledger's website is saturated with election coverage, putting the broadcast media websites to shame. Weird. The site does not have the D.A.'s race listed in the Hinds County Elections chart. Ah. Its in the Statewide Coverage. I stand corrected. However, why is it in statewide coverage when it is a county race? The statewide coverage list of races is VERY long and the Hinds County D.A.'s race is buried in there. Move it over to the Hinds County Race coverage. It is drawing much interest and will be much easier for the readers to find. However, out of all the media outlets, so far the newspaper is ahead of the pack even if its posted times are in EST instead of CST. ;-)
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
MEDIA NEWS GROUP
Mar 28, 2017
Victor Valley Daily Press
Mar 28, 2017
King Features Syndicate
Mar 28, 2017
Green Bay Press-Gazette
Mar 27, 2017
WJTV News 12
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- ► 2016 (1504)
- ► 2015 (1589)
- ► 2014 (1315)
- ► 2013 (1080)
- ► 2012 (1088)
- ► 2011 (1049)
- ► 2010 (942)
- ► 2009 (975)
- ► 2008 (931)
- Back From Starkpatch
- From the Field in Iraq
- DWF Introduces Wacko Woman
- Its ON tomorrow night.
- Make this Soljah a Prisoner of War, the War Agains...
- Some food for post-election thought.
- Iranian Economy Starting to Come Apart Due to Gas ...
- The 2007-2008 LSU Golden Girls
- More Truthwatch by Kingfish
- Kingfish's Truthwatch
- The Faye Peterson Chronicles
- Latest from the Field in Iraq
- Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny....
- Melton: No Friggin' Clue
- If you think Barbour is so bad, check out Blanco
- Truthwatch, Eh?
- The Mafia in New Orleans
- Well well well, Separate but Equal alive and well ...
- OK, DWF Wants To Know
- Poor Guy
- The Milky Way over Old Faithful
- The New Threat: Home-Grown Terrorists
- Need to find a crooked lawyer? Good luck
- Sunday Night Musings...........
- My Thoughts on the Paddling in School Debate:
- What IS Jackson Jambalaya?
- Friday Footnotes from DWF
- Giuliani on Terrorism
- WJTV: You are getting rather obvious.
- Latest News From the Field in Iraq
- Congrats to Jeff Weill, New Councilman for Ward 1
- How much cleavage is too much?
- BREAKING: John Ditto, Crimefighter?
- Kane Ditto: Crime Fighter Extraordinaire. NOT!
- Its 3:00 AM: One of the Best Songs Ever:
- GREAT letter to the editor about Powe in Clarion-L...
- DWF Presents: What WOMEN Really Think
- Repost: Kingfish's Notes from Election Night
- How To Tell What He is REALLY Thinking....
- Freedom of Religion is Apostasy
- FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The Surge, Iraq, and Tet
- Election Notes from DWF
- Thoughts While Watching Election Coverage
- Could not vote for Reeves for Hinds County Tax Ass...
- About to go vote.
- My Favorite Campaign Commercial
- Don't forget Tuesday: Hinds County D.A. did NOT pr...
- Comment on Counter-Insurgency Post from British Of...
- Spaten Optimator: Too Good for Mississippi
- Dear DWF,
- Bread and Circuses in Iraq
- The Ant Nebula
- ▼ August (56)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Presenting the Mississippi State Capitol (Video)
- Editorial: The airport belongs to Jackson. Period.
- Kelly arrested for taking pics of Rose Cochran
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- PERS gets mo' money but funding level falls
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Rez News
- West Jackson Facebook page
- Y'all Politics
- Downtown Jackson Partners
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.