The city of Ridgeland issued the following statement.
The City of Ridgeland was at the center of some attention over the weekend following the online misinformation regarding the appointment of a Municipal Court Judge.
The City of Ridgeland currently has two long-serving Municipal Court Judges who were appointed by the Board of Aldermen in 2001. We currently have no new appointments and no open positions.
We invite everyone to take a moment to learn a little more about the City we are proud to call home. Visit ridgelandms.org to find information about City officials and government, upcoming events, senior programs, community news, and the catalog of Ridgeland Life magazines, filled with City updates, features and stories about our community.
Kingfish note: The social media world in Mississippi when this appeared on Facebook last week.
As it turns out, Benoit's Wonder Woman hired Ms. Ali as a municipal court judge. The immigration attorney posted on Facebook
Everyone calm down.





68 comments:
There used to be a time in the US where we celebrated a child of immigrant parents working hard and making it to the top of their profession.
Used to be a time when children who where raised by immigrant parents were taught to love America and be grateful for the gifts it offered.
Clickbait
The entire population of Benoit is celebrating —all 365 of them! Yay!
I’m celebrating that Aasma has to drive to Benoit and hear their stupid cases. Perfect
benoit ms is a long way from rankin county. she gonna spend more on gasoline than the position pays.
Democrats don't know how to uphold the constitution
Yeah but the the immigrant didn't follow a religion that makes it ok to have sex with underage girls. Just saying
The way some blowhards have handled this, looking for cheap political points, has made me support Ali here.
I don't understand all the hubbub, person seems qualified.
This is how Shariah starts.
So ... Benoit is now under potential Sharia Law ?
I doubt the locals will embrace this, but it should be funny to watch what happens.
Benoit - Not much going on there these days. I'm very surprised it has municipal court. The vast majority of folks that pass through Benoit do so on their way to Lake Whittington or one of the high dollar hunting clubs behind the levee.
It should probably not shock anyone that Ridgeland is still using the same people they used in 2001.
Benoit who?
Like true glory and worship @2:53... Oh! how can I speak against thee, The provider , the holder of light and Files
Was a time when immigrant parents rushed to quickly assimilate. My great grandparents on one side of the family insisted when they arrived on our shores in the years between the great world wars that speaking their native non-English language stopped with them. And it did.
I've seen her work. She is exceedingly conscientious and very good at what she does - an extremely fine representative of the Bar. I can't say that about of lot of my fellow attorneys.
There was a time in the US, when one would write either:
"...child of immigrant parents working hard, and making it to the top of his or her profession."
or
"...children of immigrant parents working hard, and making it to the top of their professions."
By the way: it's "time WHEN", not "time WHERE".
I went to school in an all-minority rural Mississippi slum. But I would not have made it through Tenth Grade English, without knowing such basics.
Oh, and as for "we" celebrating immigrant gatecrashers, the "we" generally consisted of those implementing the Socialist's 'Long March through the Institutions'.
I have heard many people that I have great respect for speak highly of her.
I have no personal dealings with her, so I will reserve judgment and wish her good luck at her job for now.
2:53 - Amen!
It's 6 hours away from us in Tyler Texas as more and more of the lone star falls under Muslim control. Im predicting Jackson will look just like Dearborn Michigan in 20 years-full Sharia.
Haha Gene McGee longest serving dictator of my lifetime.
Why is no one asking why she has to wear the hijab for her religion but she gets to be a judge? Aren’t those things contradictory in Islam? This whole thing is just plain weird.
I saw a picture of her with our AG.
She is very, very qualified!
She is a wonderful person on top of being an excellent attorney. I am truly sorry that she is having to experience this hate.
Idiot at 5:33, what is your point? Why should these two professional women not be in a photograph together?
Speaking of idiots, Andy the Hat is using this as a political opportunity.
The Sharia / Muslim apologists are more numerous on this blog than expected…. Surprising…. Or else troll game is stepping up. Can’t tell….
Next time I’m in court, I need to take a closer look at the Mississippi seal. The seal that says City of Mississippi looks like AI but it may be real.
What’s that you say? A highly competent woman judge who is also religious holding a judgeship position?!?!? The horror!! just clutched my pearls so hard that they broke loose and now I have to pick them all up off of the floor.
Seriously, if you’re one of these people complaining about this, then why don’t you try reading a book and/or leaving your small town of Pelahatchie or Puckett or whatever town is unlucky enough to house a small-minded racist degenerate like you.
That’s right. She signed an oath to uphold the United States Constitution and the Mississippi Constitution, as well as Mississippi law, but she’s going to single handedly implement Sharia Law. Moron.
Islamists' intent to surely but gradually substitute Sharia for the US Constitution have earned my wrath. If she wears a hajib she is an Islamic cultist. Islam is a cult of murder, torture, rape, deceit and conquest, not a religion as compared to Judaism and Christianity.
Maybe you need to relocate to Iran @6:30
It has helped me narrow down who I might support for Governor.. The nasty attacks on Judge Ali and Atty. Gen. Lynn Fitch came from a certain camp.
6:30 she is a MUSLIM who’s private practice focuses on helping other MUSLIM immigrants come here. The MUSLIM faith of ISLAM calls for the DEATH of you and I who are non-muslims. That is why she’s getting so much “hate”. No one wants her in control of anything because they are terrified of us being under placed under Sharia Law after she helps all of her friends and family move here. Or the Islamists killing us all for not joining their faith. You better wake up.
Smart move. Will be great indirect marketing for her legal practice. Move on MAGA boomers.
Which camp? Be specific. PUT UP.
my conservative religious views can beat up your conservative religious views
I’m so sorry for Asma that she has to deal with all the hatred from inferior because because they’re scared of a scarf.
But I’m super happy that you’re tortured over this. More MAGA tears, please!
I think you'll do fine @6:14 in a world of Islamic subjugation. Don't get thrown off a building!
I am so tired of some people claiming this kind of thing is the start of Sharia Law. Thank goodness we have someone who is willing to drive to Benoit and serve the public.
I wish the Blue Cultists could explain to me when Islam became a race. What would be funny is if she’s a true conservative Muslim and we can watch the Blue Cultists have a mental breakdown like they do in Michigan.
Make me understand this. She WANTS us hard-working, two-fisted Christians dead, but she just can’t say it. Yet. Is that it? Do I have it right? Is that what you’re trying to tell me?
6:59 PM, aren’t we really past so-called upholding “the United States Constitution and the Mississippi Constitution, as well as Mississippi law?”
James Carville says pack the supreme court with members that will do what Democrats want, right? So this means Democrats really don’t care about elections and the so-called law, unless of course it can be used against their enemy fellow Americans standing in the way of making the entire country one-party Democrat rule, right?
And don’t Democrats use catch & release to systematically and continuously put violent criminals back on the streets of cities like Jackson, as a tactic to inflict constant chaos and crime, all for the purpose of keeping those of us that don’t vote Democrat from living there, i.e. to insure one-party Democrat rule?
So really, doesn’t this prove Democrats care nothing at all about “upholding the law?”
I've met her and she is nice, highly motivated and certainly qualified to serve. That being said, I can't imagine taking this position and driving 2ish hours to make a couple hundred dollars per month other than simply putting this on the resume.
I don't think the one token apparent Muslim attorney in the entire State of Mississippi is the harbinger of Sharia law.
I thought yall believed that Obama was Muslim.
Of course, he’s not. But suspending reality and entering y’all’s fantasy world just for the sake of argument, if this shariah stuff were gonna happen because a Muslim is in charge, wouldn’t that have been much more likely to happen during Obama’s presidency than in the judgeship of a single Muslim judge in a tiny down in a backwater corner of the Mississippi Delta?
There really is no bottom to the stupidity and vileness of the MAGA right. These are the same claims made against Jews, Catholics, even the odd Protestant sect, upon arriving in America. Usually made by losers who live in the same place they were born, out of resentment for those who dared to do more with their lives. Always ignoring the plank in their own eye, like Christianity's explicit instructions for owning slaves, or the fact that deep red Christian states are the last holdouts for permitting child marriage in America. Just the fattest, dumbest, most utterly useless dead weight people in the world.
Before you know it Rankin have Madison will have “Islamic centers” (aka Mosquee) bigger than Pine lake and the #1 new baby names will be Mohammed and Aisha and the MS Dept. of Education will be switching to Halal menus!
You people on here talking about "how nice" she is, blah, blah, blah....you are the most ignorant, ill-informed idiots our Constitution has ever encountered. Question: "Why is she driving 2 hours to a small town for a judge-ship"??? The answer is that THIS is a MOVEMENT and THIS is the way that Islam has virtually taken over the cities of Ft. Worth and Dallas, Texas who now can say that they have 6+ mosques circling their cities. If one knows anything about world history over the centuries, if they cannot ride and and defeat their foes...they will quietly and tactfully invade an area with a low profile and bring their ideology and SHARIA LAW with them, ie see Michigan whereby they have set up their own sharia law police stations and change the street signs to read in Arabic. We are the frog in a pot of cold water being slowly warmed up at this time, to be eventually boiled to death. IF we let that happen, then we truly are what they call and refer to us as...INFIDELS!
For a non-lawyer, what’s the deal with the law firm logo? Do the two swords have some meaning within the attorney world?
There ain't no hate & ignorance quite like judeo-christian hate & ignorance!
@3:28.....If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!
At the end of the day MUSLIM leaders across the pond have declared hatred for the west ! And want us all dead. She has earned her qualifications but should be focused on HERE. Not helping more people that hate us get here. Imo.
Why aren't Muslim men required to cover up? Oh wait, are women their slaves? Sexist? Misogynistic?
True that.
https://truthaboutislam.net/
Just look at Michigan…. Ain’t nothing wrong with Muslims and Sharia law. You racist hateful ignorant people. Can’t you see how much better Michigan is with the influx of millions of Muslims????
It's a start.
He is, but isn't smart enough to pull it off.
Fake news! Fake conspiracy theories.
There is already an Islamic Center. It's on US-51 between Madison and Canton.
All true.
Yes, a real dystopia.
In recognition of her work as an immigration attorney, I anonymously submitted a tip to ICE regarding immigration concerns in my neighborhood. Perhaps this will give her an opportunity to put her professional talents and expertise to good use by helping those who may need her services.
Madrasas - coming to a town near you.
Very, very true. It is very unfortunate that there is so much hate by people who purport to be Christian.
I'm an attorney who practices almost exclusively in Chancery Court and I have limited (purposefully) my practice to Rankin and Madison County. I have NEVER seen this lady in Rankin County Chancery Court.
She practices immigration law. They practice before immigration judges, the BIA, and the Federal Courts of Appeal. It is extremely complicated and you have to be incredibly detail-oriented. Lately it is the most stressful type of law that there is. She does an outstanding job for her clients in a terrible legal environment. No one who knows her work has ever disparaged her as far as I can tell.
There is already a massive Islamic Building in Madison on HWY 51. Been there for more than a decade.
Post a Comment