State Auditor Shad White issued the following statement.
State Auditor Shad White returned home to Mississippi this week from a deployment to the Middle East during Operation Epic Fury, the conflict with Iran.
"After being gone for several months, it's great to see my wife and three kids again," said White. "I'm honored to be just one of the thousands of National Guardsmen who always answer the call to deploy in our nation's wars, all while balancing family life and civilian careers. I saw those men and women display extraordinary courage when I was over there."
White serves as a captain in the Mississippi Army National Guard assigned to a special operations detachment as their JAG officer.
White was inspired by his grandfathers to join the military several years ago. "My two grandfathers were both veterans, and my mom's dad fought in World War II, earning a Purple Heart. I was taught service requires sacrifice and courage, so I'm grateful I can carry on that family tradition," said White.
"Returning around the 25th anniversary of 9/11 was a reminder to me of the many service members who never returned home over the last 25 years," said White. "It was also a good reminder of the many families--spouses and children--who sacrifice just as much as we do in the military when we're deployed, waiting and praying for our return. I ask all Mississippians to continue to pray today for the safety of our men and women in harm's way."

32 comments:
Whatever
PS, I'm running for Governor?
Welcome home, little guy.
1:06, what have you done for your country to feel entitled to blow off Shad’s service like that? Hint: your Call of Duty high scores don’t count.
Thank you, Shadster.
Having served my country during the Vietnam "conflict", I would have more respect for Shad if he said nothing rather than this politically motivated bullshit. Hell, he signed up for this. Are we supposed to "give him a pat on the back" for doing what he signed up for?
Anybody but Fitch.
I appreciate Mr. White's sacrifice and service to our country.
@2:02, did you enlist or were you drafted?
Yep it only counts if you're drafted.
Agree
If he's honest, he will resign as Auditor and not campaign on the state clock.
Thanks for your service Shad. Politicians play politics of course but Mississippi would be making a mistake to not elect this guy. You think that wanna be cowboy in the big hat isn't playing politics? And Fitch?!?!?
I'm not a Shad fan BUT shut the f---k up. He is a veteran and if you are not go back to playing on your twitter.
Never knew he left
Thank you and your fellow service members for your service! Godspeed.
So much appreciate his service, even after having to switch branch in order to be able to con someone into giving him an overseas assignment so that he could use it for his campaign! And such an important 'top secret' assignment he drew - at least based on his claims that he couldn't tell anyone where he was during these months he was gone away from his wife and kids.
Thanks Shad, for having your nice paid vacay while playing lawyer and taking pictures to use next year; disregarding those rules that say you can't use those in-uni photos in campaign literature.
@313, can't answer for 202, but can for myself - Enlisted, late 1960's, at the height. And I agree with 202's comments - he signed up for this but probably for totally different reasons than would apply to that era. I wasn't an elected politician nor was I running for another office when enlisting; can't say what Shadrick's reasons were but do know that he begged for an overseas deployment.
(And, btw, I wasn't spending my days playing JAG officer either)
If you wear a G-Shock, 5.11 pants, a t-shirt tight around the biceps, and a hat just right (all clothing and accessories black or olive drab, of course), you can make yourself look and feel like special forces. But in reality, all you are is special.
Shad racked up some points for his campaign.
Absolute bunch of bitches in the comments here upset that they're home on their arses while Shad left his family for three months to serve our country. I have young children like him, and what he did is a sacrifice I'm not sure I'd be able to make. Much respect.
Shad. I appreciate your service, Those who have nasty comments. Even a guardsman cab get killed over there. All you have to do is step off a plane in Jordan, UAE, Iraq, or wherever and you are an open target for a missile or drone courtesy of the bad guys. I always thought most of the locals would put a bomb in the NCO club if they hot a chance. Every guy who goes over knows what is there and so did Shad, Thanks again Shad.
I was not a fan of Shad until I saw how awful Andy Gipson would be.
6:43 - great!! A three-month deployment. Real servicemen (not those who play their political card in order to 'arrange' for a deployment) have deployments that cause them to be away from home for six to twelve months, not just a summer vacation from his government job.
Those sailors on the Abraham Lincoln have been AT SEA, without even being able to put their feet on dry land for a year; and this guy gets credos for sitting at a desk away from his wife and kids for three months? Give me a break.
Yes, I totally respect those that actually 'serve' our country - an example would be a former Court of Appeals Judge who spent a year in the middle of the green zone of Baghdad and having to travel out into the country with shells falling around. His 'service' wasn't to further his political career because upon his return he didn't run for reelection.
Let's compare the two and then discuss this 'sacrifice'
It's close, and there are many in contention, but 9:02 is today's winner!
Mr. Walters, you are off the clock, it is 6:43 pm. Take a break.
x 1,000,000
Basically every political candidate is a current politician though. This makes no sense
Exactly he was over there doing his job, and the team he assembled here was doing theirs
1:32, I served 8 years in the Marines including combat duty. And, I never have nor will I ever use my service for political purposes like Shad. The service is honorable, using it for political announcements is shameful. Perhaps you should keep your thoughts to yourself when you are ill informed.
Little Shad, big photo opp!
I must have missed the parade.
Post a Comment