Attorney General Lynn Fitch issued the following statement.
Mississippi is on the verge of moving from the nation’s best kept secret to the nation’s leader in conservative governance. We need the right leader to make this moment count. I have the experience, the record, and the proven leadership to take Mississippi to the top.
Today, with humility and God’s grace, I ask Mississippi for the honor of leading this great State as your next Governor.
I commit to you that as long as you trust me to serve, I will put your interests first. I will choose progress over motion. I will build bridges and forge partnerships. I will empower every Mississippian to be a part of our future.
I am a Trump conservative with Mississippi values. Together, we will make bold and sustaining change for Mississippi. That is how we make the most of this moment in time. That is how we make Mississippi the nation’s leader. That is how we give you and your family your best future.
Mississippi is leading and our best days are ahead of us.

62 comments:
Andy is the man, these people are just wasting their time and other folks money.
Why does everything put out by every Republican have to include some Trump glazing?
Especially when she isn't MAGA let alone supportive of the president.
When you pay people to be sorry they will go to great effort to prove that they are….
Agreed, it's not a badge of honor. As a conservative, I never voted for him, and he's proven my instincts to be correct.
Using the term "Trump Conservative" is inappropriate. There is not much at all that's conservative about Trump. He is a populist and a 1990s liberal. I say this as a Trump voter (who is disappointed as of late).
Yehaw! The token woman is running for governor. Hahaha! This governor race brings out all the cockroaches.
Know what? I’ve scanned television and airwaves for a few years trying to catch this woman saying something relevant to me or my state and it never happened. Yawn.
I don’t think being Trump supporter is no longer a plus, it’s now a negative.
Hopefully this will be the end of her political career. She's terrible.
Good luck when you have practically ZERO law enforcement support
An ineffective AG. I am for Shad or someone like him.
Yeah Fitch is by far the most ineffective attorney general Mississippi has had in a while. Cannot believe I say that a persons political party doesn’t do justice to how they can do the job. Jim Hood was so much better as an AG. She’s slow walked so many cases and the whole Shad issue and all. Honestly all she can stump for is a noun, a verb, and “I overturned roe v. Wade” at least the good is that we will have a new more effective law enforcement officer at the AGO.
As a conservative, I never voted for him, and he's proven my instincts to be correct.
So what?
Hard pass
"I am a Trump conservative with Mississippi values."
Oh, lawdy...
So she'll bankrupt the state by "decapitating" Louisiana, Alabama, and Rhode Island. "I say, there, boys...oh, boys...Eric...Don, Jr...Stevie the Nazi - it's an island, just like Greenland, right? Do you think his majesty will like it?" It'll get sporty when she tries to take over the Strait of Rigolets and starts selling Fitchcoins with Lamar Adams as CEO of "Lynnie's Liberty Shenanigans & Shee-it, LLC." .
OTOH, with Pirro on the skids maybe she'll get the call up to the major leagues. Just as qualified as most of his picks and at least she won't fold like an umbrella. Mainly because she'd have trouble figuring out how one works. "Wait, what?! You're supposed to have...whatchacallit, evydance...to prosecute the enemies of his graceful worshipness? Boy, this lawyerin' stuff shore is hard!"
I won't vote for anyone who is a Trump humper, like her.
She makes me want to reconsider calling myself a Republican every time she speaks.
The attorney general’s office is free at last!
No thank you. Leaning towards Andy right now.
Even though I don't agree with all of her Trump backing, she has done a lot for human trafficking. She may do a great job. Why so many negatives?
I don’t think Fitch will have enough support to be elected. Does she really want to be governor, or is she hoping a statewide campaign will help her land somewhere else?
(Where, I don’t know, just putting that thought out there.)
As to the overuse of the word "conservative," it may be time to confront candidates. Few know what it means. I believe Shad White and Andy Gibson understand it. I am unsure about the other gubernatorial candidates and 95% of local candidates.
To give equal time to the Democrats, how many understand the classic meaning of the phrase, "liberal?" Most liberals are bowing to socialism so quickly that the First Amendment means nothing to them.
RMQ
Well the Testosterone rate in the race just went up 5x. RINO cucks really don’t like her. She’s gonna win. You’re all gonna get so tired of winning. Might have to move to Georgia or Carolinas to get your dose of uniparty Democrat party cucking.
TDS may be treatable.
A pretty face does not make one qualified to run a state. Empty pant-suit.
Someone said that Lynn has been brainwashed by the far right. I think a light rinse would have done the trick
To all those who are considering contributing to Fitch's campaign, please take those funds to the backyard, put them in a nice pile, and burn them to ashes. Both outcomes will provide the same results.
You gotta slap Trump on there, like Democrats are slapping on they’re approved by the Democrat Socialists of America.
I'll just leave this right here. MS Code § 23-15-821 (2025).
For the those not familiar with bullsh..., um, statutory language: No, candidates can no longer just outright pocket unused campaign funds (raised since 2018? 2019?) but lookee-lookee what they can do with them. All sorts of ways even a dumbass can git 'er did.
As an independent it’s much too early but not too early to say she ain’t it!
Here's something to think about for the next Guv - how many times has Tate Reeves been invited to hang out with Trump or any of the inner Trumpisphere? Trump has thrown 100s of those he considers "servants" under multiple buses, and a fair number of those who appear on the surface to be "friends." He views just about everyone as a "useful idiot" (used with no connotation of any particular ideology). He has no set ideology, and he has never had actual friends, only business associates. The next Governor of Mississippi won't be the first of the former and won't be able to steal enough to get within 100 miles of the latter.
Trump Conservative, eh Lynn? Well this Madison Countian will not be voting for any Republican again until that nest in the White House is gone.
Wow, just a prejudice woman hater......
“Proven Leadership”?!? From where? The rear? Fitch has never stepped up and lead anything. All her press releases are she joined lawsuits or signed briefs or took a stand on an issue After she saw it was safe to do so by joining the crowd.
No, Lynn, you’re not fit to lead.
Whoever convinced Lynn Fitch that she could run for Governor and win is a master negotiator and salesman. She has no chance. She is just a spoiler candidate being used to dilute the vote so that some special interest can get their candidate through the primary.
Shad White needs to either run for State Auditor again if he can or Lt. Governor. I could support him for either office.
So, a few take-a-ways/questions:
1. "I sued China.... and won" is that even true and if so, what in the hell did "she" win or the State of MS win? I do not know, and I seriously want to know. I thought that it was thrown out in an embarrassing fashion.
2. Did she not just about bankrupt the College Savings Plan as treasurer? It was in the crapper, and it was under her time as Treasurer. Someone fact check me on that.
3. "I overturned Roe vs. Wade" while she slid into the office as that case was progressing, did she really have anything to do with it? The legislature passed the bill that was challenged and she did not do a thing but sit on the second row and watch. please fact check this as I may be wrong but did she really do anything to impact the case or offer any legal wisdom or direction? It is a serious claim that needs context and I am not sure she had all that much to do. I would give Jim Hood a little credit if this were the standard.
Andy and his recordings illustrate his lack of self-awareness. Lynn is just a puppet, for somebody. I don’t know who. Shad seems to be able to think for himself, but o can’t figure out who is behind him.
Fitch is in the running for most incompetent elected official ever in Mississippi, but Stacy Pickering should retain the crown.
The minute you typed "Jim Hood was so much better..." I fell out laughing. Names just roll off the tongue....Hood, Scruggs, Balducci, Langston.....
great comment, 10:44 am.
I went to AG Fitch for help as a desperate 70+ yo homeowner. She does not help anyone. She ignored the complaint and basically said her office only handled things where a large number of people were impacted. So, according to her, a contractor using at least 5 different business names throughout the metro area is OK, scamming the elderly at every chance, posing as insurance adjusters to their clients and Fitch ignores. If they do 5 roofs a day it is a very large number of people affected every month! There is so much more but she ignores the elderly like they don't exist. It's a big NO from me.
She wouldn’t even pursued charges against the goon squad if it hadn’t been for the feds. But if Trump would have been in office at the time no charges would have ever been pursued and they would still be terrorizing people
They all need to steer clear of using Trump's name. This Republican Primary will be a joke. Andy thinks he is the anointed one and he and the white hat and his singing will be an embarrassment to the state. Shad is so immature and will be name calling and wreaking havoc the entire time.
1st and best choice Delbert. He can be elected in a general election and will fairly govern all.
2nd choice Gunn.
3rd Fitch.
Newsflash! Do not bother going to the AGs office to file a complaint. They do not give a fuck about you!
Look at how few of her former employees actually support her.
Mississippi has had an attorney general? Who knew!
I think the auditor office employee was right saying they do all the work while Shad does campaign commenting all day.
Delbert is a great choice if you want to elect a Democrat.
@2:56 - either you’re Dembert or you’re delusional. Hoseman would be worse than all the others. He needs to retire and not run.
Lynn Finch using the trump name will land you on Saturday Night Live or one of the Late Night Shows as a laughing stock of Mississippi. Lynn just tell us what YOU are going to do for Mississippians and not kiss trump ass! He cares nothing about you or average Mississippians. It’s sad you stooped that low! trump will not grace us forever and then what? Do you really want the job?
There could be a good one yet to announce, but the current pool for next year is meh. Shad is too immature. Fitch isn't even effective in the job she has now, and it's a shame she made it two terms as AG. Gunn is a good guy with a good story (lost his mother, father, and sister in a car wreck the day he graduated from college when they were driving back from his graduation), but some of his Speaker antics bother me. Delbert is a Democrat and backwards as heck. And Andy is, in my opinion, an idiot who spouts off on things he knows nothing about, and would set the state back 50 years, if elected. Greg Harper is someone I'd vote for. Super bright guy. Good guy. Conservative. Measured. And thinks before he speaks. Don't know if he has the stomach for it, though. He has a pretty good gig now. Ran into him in DC about a year ago, and he's the lobbyist for the country of Taiwan. I'd vote for Duff, as well, if he came out.
Harper was a reliable vote for Nancy Pelosi. Hell NO.
"I'd vote for Duff, as well, if he came out."
Religion aside, and that's not nothing in Mississippi, but...Duff has the money to pay serious people to give him excellent counsel. He and his brother have had obvious business success. Whether he pays for that advice and whether he takes it are two unknowns, at least to me. If he really wants to be and gets serious about being governor, listens, and takes advice, and runs a proper campaign, he's the next governor. If he gets in but doesn't do those things, he is just a wild card. Based on the current declared field and the current situation, it is much too early to make serious predictions.
With all the economic growth Philip Gunn helped bring into the state as Speaker, and move MS from the bottom in education to the top, I'm going with Gunn for Governor!!
I've started a contest, of sorts. As of this morning, I've seen seven articles of announcement and seven different photos ranging from recent to 25 years ago. As soon as I can figure out a way to make money off this contest, I'm gonna involve the rest of you.
But, on to the serious question: What happens to all the girls she brought into her office seven years ago? Maybe they'll be PERS vested soon.
The alternative would be including photos of Uncle Bennie and Uncle Al. Take your pick.
9:55 pm, show your work. Greg Harper had a 98% party unity score with Republicans. Like nearly all members of Congress, Harper occasionally voted with the other party on less partisan or procedural matters, bipartisan bills that passed with broad support, or issues of local interest. That is normal and does not change the overall pattern: his record was that of a mainstream House Republican who voted with his party the large majority of the time, not with Democrats.
Are there any declared Democrat candidates? Are they gonna trot out "dirt floor poor" Brandon Presley again? What is Jim Hood up to these days? If they ran him against Fitch or Delbert I would vote Hood.
Party unity score? Mainstream Republicans? LMAO You're working hard to obscure the number of times Harper voted with Pelosi and the Democrats, voted to provide amnesty to illegal aliens and voted for outrageous debt-laden omnibus spending bills.
Harper's 54% lifetime Heritage score says it all. (Guest's lifetime Heritage score is 92%.)
Gregg Harper ain't no conservative and no amount of spin on your part can walk back his Democrat friendly voting record while in Congress.
Maybe Colom can run for Gov after he loses in November.
Post a Comment