The road to recovery from addiction is rough and never easy. Linda Woods of Starkville has been right there with her loved one, fighting the fight. There have been victories and setbacks but she has never quit on him. Her loved one lived at the Oxford House homes in Meridian and Jackson (Forest Park). He relapsed and is living at a treatment center in Texas. She discussed their experience with the Oxford House in a JJ interview with former WLBT News Director Dennis Smith.
A "roadmap" of the interview.
1. How Linda's loved one came to live at Oxford House.
2. The Meridian experience. (2:00)
3. She states workers hide relapses (3:30).
4. OH erects temporary walls in homes. (4:40)
5. No drug testing or urinalysis or DMH inspections (5:06)
6. Program lacks much-needed structure and oversight. (5:30)
7. Alleged cover-up of relapses. (7:45)
8. No supervision to attend AA or similar meetings.
9. How each Oxford House is run. Finances of each houses. (11:00)
10. Number of rooms in a house are misrepresented. (13:00)
Gibbert issues Cease and Desist Order
Threat or lecture on law to State Senator?
Oxford House responds to Senator Longwitz and cloaks itself in Reagan.
Governor sends letter to MDMH
State Senator: Oxford House loan applicants made material misrepresentations.
MDMH: Oxford House recruiting from jails.
Report: Oxford House operates with little oversight.
Stephens used JA students & teachers in online promotions.
The Stephenses bring the country to Northeast Jackson.
When Oxford House came to Little Rock.
Oxford House: Helping those in need or helping its own pocketbook?
Oxford House & local couple moving recovering addicts into NE Jackson homes.