Traffic Advisory for Lakeland Drive
Construction will begin Tuesday, Sept. 13 on a new left turn lane and crosswalks at the intersection of Lakeland Drive and Peachtree Street to accommodate the new Meridian at Fondren development. As part of the construction, the following lane and turn restrictions will go into effect on Lakeland Drive:
• The left lane of Lakeland Drive in both directions of Lakeland Drive will be closed at Peachtree Street.
• All left turns and U-turns will be prohibited at the signal at Lakeland Drive and Peachtree Street. Motorists on Lakeland Drive westbound, heading to UMMC should use alternate routes to access UMMC.
The restrictions are anticipated to last about four weeks.
- Construction has already started with the installation of replacement signal poles to accommodate the Meridian driveway and the left turn lane that is to be built.
- Motorists should drive carefully at a reduced speed through the work zone.
- Consider using alternate routes, especially during the morning commute and for special events.