This is from a private Fondren website:
Donna Ladd from Fondren at 12:40 PM
Erica, do you or anyone else here know who paid for and put up the white "VOTE: The Future of Jackson Depends on It" signs that are suddenly all over Fondren and Belhaven. Our readers are asking. Thanks much.
Erica Speed from Fondren at 2:14 PM
obviously a group of very engaged citizens... with only 30% of Jacksonians voting, I cannot think of a better message! I hate that you are not going to vote.
Donna Ladd from Fondren at 9:18 PM
I didn't say I'm not going to vote. I just said I don't support either one and don't feel like I have a great choice based on what we know.
But back to the question: Can you tell me who bought and/or put out those signs? People are asking me, and I'm trying to answer their question. It's a transparency issue. Were they part of this weekend's GOTV effort that you posted here as some have said. Please confirm yes or no. Thanks!
Erica Speed from Fondren at 7:10 AM
Good I'm glad you are going to vote! Clarion Ledger is continuing their coverage of the race and endorsed Lee. You may be able to find some help there in making your decision. I noticed on your blog and tweets and facebook that you continue to fact check or correct the false statements about Chokwe and that you printed the critical letter on Lee from the lawyer in Yazoo (I think he is Regina Quin's partner? - though I don't think it said so, but some people said so) - looks like you are trying to figure it all out - good luck. Since you have such a strong voice and usually share your opinion , I hope you are able to come out and endorse one candidate or the other before Tuesday.
Back to the question on the signs, they are get out the vote signs. I think they say - "VOTE - May 21st - Jackson's Future Depends on It". Pretty transparent to me - VOTE - Jackson's future depends on it. Chokwe posted the sign on his website and agreed that all his supporters needed to get out and vote as Jackson's future depends on it. Lee is giving the same message to his supporters - get out and vote. Voting is the only way to directly impact the future of Jackson. Thanks!
Also, this venue isn't a political blog per say - just neighborhood info so I think you might want to call campaign offices - Lee (601-376-9596) or Chokwe (601-981-9220) for your reporting efforts. I'm just a lowly volunteer trying to help get out the vote.
Linda Showah from Fondren at 7:28 AM
Well said, Erica.
Donna Ladd from Fondren at 11:32 AM
Erica, thanks but I don't need The Clarion-Ledger's help in deciding who to vote for, or anything for that matter (although I was amazed that we both endorsed Johnson in the primary; a first! We've come a ways since they endorsed Melton eight years ago). We will not endorse in this race, as I've said publicly many times. We find the negatives on both candidates high and are, thus, reporting and factchecking everything possible on both candidates so people, including myself, can decide for themselves. We have done this in the past with races that have no clear person to endorse and so many questions left open, as both of this candidates do. Otherwise, I'm not trying to talk politics on here, and I apologize to others. I'm just asking a follow-up question to your earlier post.
Now back to my question: Do you know who paid for and distributed the signs? That's all I want to know. You pushed the GOTV effort here; did y'all put out the signs as some have indicate? It shouldn't be a big secret if so; as you say, it's a noble effort. But people do deserve to know who did it. So, yes or no?
KF note: Bet she starts complaining about cyberstalking.
Monday, May 20, 2013
This is from a private Fondren website:
Mar 26, 2015
Green Bay Press-Gazette
Mar 26, 2015
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Soldier of Fortune
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- Dan Jones firing: A Tale of Two Audits?
- Dan Jones: Fired!
- Bounds: No "malfeasance or personal gain" found by 2014 audit of UMMC.
- Update on Claiborne County hanging
- IHL issues statement on Dan Jones termination.
- Weill or Purvis? We report, you decide.
- Judge Weill issues order on PD contempt.
- Crime victim victimized by system.
- ► 2014 (1315)
- Another stroll down memory lane
- Last call for annual fund-raising for JJ
- The New York Times discovers Jackson
- More JSU-Madison details
- Why foreign companies build plants in America
- WJNT last week
- Back to perceptions
- Rankin Sheriff prevents opening of convict-operate...
- Sometimes you should think before you speak.
- Precinct update
- Nice try. (Updated: She's at it again)
- Senator McDaniel remembers our fallen soldiers
- Is it the Omegas.... or something else?
- 1938 Jackson
- Canning the Kaze
- WSJ: IRS scandals start at the top
- UMMC leaving Blue Cross "network"?
- Banned from the courthouse..... banned from Northp...
- Coates gets 52 years
- Moody's downgrades Jackson water & sewer bonds to ...
- More on the Lumumba transition
- And it begins....
- As I Lay Dying
- Precinct results
- Time for a break
- Congratulations to Mayor-elect Chokwe Lumumba.
- Live-blogging the election tonight.
- Just another election day in Canton
- Meet Chokwe's Republican supporters:
- Mason-Dixon poll: race tightens
- The Brand-ing of Jonathan Lee
- Vote early. Vote often.
- The freakout continues
- WJNT last week.
- Latest campaign finance reports
- The freakout begins.
- "Free the land by any means necessary" (Editorial)...
- Lee: Unity for Jackson
- Sorority slapdown
- About damn time.
- campaign lagniappe
- Peggy, Credell, & Horhn endorse Lee
- Chokwe: I don't like the poh-lice
- House: health insurance rates to rise
- CL covers MDE accountability inflation
- Bennie gets lower and lower
- It's still a conspiracy
- Attempted assault in Belhaven
- Post-election critiques
- HUD to port: Where are the jobs
- Mississippi Dems meet with HHS on Medicaid
- Rez residents question PRVWSD plan for RV's
- Bluntson endorses Lee
- The Grand Finale at Pepsi Pops
- The irony of the Clarion-Ledger's complaining
- It's time
- Rez public meeting tonight
- Vote for top businesswoman.
- Follow the money.
- About the flag (NSFW)
- WJNT this week.
- No comment.
- Latest crime stats
- Read 'em and weep. (Updated)
- Pepsi Pops rescheduled.
- Canton alderman indicted on one count of bribery.
- It's a conspiracy: Part II
- First question for the contendah's
- Tonight & tomorrow in Jackson: Broadway
- BPF: Miss. public school ratings falsely inflated
- It's time. Update: Fisher avoids runoff. Queen ...
- No comment
- Is Chokwe a confederate?
- Canton thread
- Election thread.
- Editorial: Re-elect Mary Hawkins-Butler
- Is Full Spectrum trying to squeeze Hal and Mal's?
- Thoughts about Tuesday in Jackson
- No comment
- Vote for Harvey Johnson
- Letter from the Resistance
- DOR signs lease for new home
- It's a conspiracy.
- Accomplice to killer of Margaritas manager gets 40...
- Chokwe ducks the Flag question
- Jonathan Lee has a plan for Jackson
- Feds arrest friends of Boston Bomber
- More Madison Mayoral debate clips
- FBI: Missing child found
- Cecil Brown touts Medicaid expansion
- Auditor recommends changes to MPACT. No reopening ...
- ▼ May (93)
- ► 2012 (1089)
- ► 2011 (1054)
- ► 2010 (944)
- ► 2009 (976)
- ► 2008 (932)
- ► 2007 (398)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Kelly arrested for taking pics of Rose Cochran
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- PERS gets mo' money but funding level falls
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Jackson NOW!
- The Rez News
- Y'all Politics
- Mississippi Wiki
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Perception of Life
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Other Cain Report
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.