State Auditor Shad White issued the following statement.
State Auditor Shad White returned home to Mississippi this week from a deployment to the Middle East during Operation Epic Fury, the conflict with Iran.
"After being gone for several months, it's great to see my wife and three kids again," said White. "I'm honored to be just one of the thousands of National Guardsmen who always answer the call to deploy in our nation's wars, all while balancing family life and civilian careers. I saw those men and women display extraordinary courage when I was over there."
White serves as a captain in the Mississippi Army National Guard assigned to a special operations detachment as their JAG officer.
White was inspired by his grandfathers to join the military several years ago. "My two grandfathers were both veterans, and my mom's dad fought in World War II, earning a Purple Heart. I was taught service requires sacrifice and courage, so I'm grateful I can carry on that family tradition," said White.
"Returning around the 25th anniversary of 9/11 was a reminder to me of the many service members who never returned home over the last 25 years," said White. "It was also a good reminder of the many families--spouses and children--who sacrifice just as much as we do in the military when we're deployed, waiting and praying for our return. I ask all Mississippians to continue to pray today for the safety of our men and women in harm's way."

19 comments:
Whatever
PS, I'm running for Governor?
Welcome home, little guy.
1:06, what have you done for your country to feel entitled to blow off Shad’s service like that? Hint: your Call of Duty high scores don’t count.
Thank you, Shadster.
Having served my country during the Vietnam "conflict", I would have more respect for Shad if he said nothing rather than this politically motivated bullshit. Hell, he signed up for this. Are we supposed to "give him a pat on the back" for doing what he signed up for?
Anybody but Fitch.
I appreciate Mr. White's sacrifice and service to our country.
@2:02, did you enlist or were you drafted?
Yep it only counts if you're drafted.
Agree
If he's honest, he will resign as Auditor and not campaign on the state clock.
Thanks for your service Shad. Politicians play politics of course but Mississippi would be making a mistake to not elect this guy. You think that wanna be cowboy in the big hat isn't playing politics? And Fitch?!?!?
I'm not a Shad fan BUT shut the f---k up. He is a veteran and if you are not go back to playing on your twitter.
Never knew he left
Thank you and your fellow service members for your service! Godspeed.
So much appreciate his service, even after having to switch branch in order to be able to con someone into giving him an overseas assignment so that he could use it for his campaign! And such an important 'top secret' assignment he drew - at least based on his claims that he couldn't tell anyone where he was during these months he was gone away from his wife and kids.
Thanks Shad, for having your nice paid vacay while playing lawyer and taking pictures to use next year; disregarding those rules that say you can't use those in-uni photos in campaign literature.
@313, can't answer for 202, but can for myself - Enlisted, late 1960's, at the height. And I agree with 202's comments - he signed up for this but probably for totally different reasons than would apply to that era. I wasn't an elected politician nor was I running for another office when enlisting; can't say what Shadrick's reasons were but do know that he begged for an overseas deployment.
(And, btw, I wasn't spending my days playing JAG officer either)
If you wear a G-Shock, 5.11 pants, a t-shirt tight around the biceps, and a hat just right (all clothing and accessories black or olive drab, of course), you can make yourself look and feel like special forces. But in reality, all you are is special.
Post a Comment