The tributes roll in for the late Hinds County Judge Dewayne Thomas as many remember him in his time of passing. Posted below is one such memorial and his funeral arrangements. Rest in peace, Judge.
Former Ole Miss football star Jerrell Powe paid tribute to Judge Thomas on his Facebook page:
I’m sad today. I lost a great friend yesterday in Judge Dewayne Thomas; many people lost a great friend when Judge Thomas left us.
For the last sixteen years, we shared a friendship built around Ole Miss, our families, and a lot of good times together. Before every Ole Miss game, we would eat breakfast at First Watch. Hardly a day went by that we didn’t have a long conversation about Ole Miss football, what the team was doing right, and what we thought they needed to do better.
We also took a fishing trip together every year. Those trips gave us time to laugh, talk about life, and enjoy being around each other. I will always smile thinking about how we joked with him about his love for seersucker suits.
What meant the most to me was the way he loved my son, Jayce. He treated him like family. That was who Judge Thomas was. He cared deeply about people and made them feel important. He brought that same love, passion, and dedication to his work as a judge and to everything connected to Ole Miss Athletics.
Judge Thomas accomplished a lot in his life, but I will remember him most simply as my friend. I’m thankful for every game, every breakfast, every fishing trip, and every conversation we shared. I’m going to miss him more than I can put into words.









7 comments:
He was a special man. God bless Linda.
Mr. Powe, pleas tell us where you and the Judge caught the specs, please?
I'm sad that Judge Thomas has passed. We worked together as co-counsel before he became a judge, and it was always a pleasure to practice law with him and to appear before him in the courtroom. I mourned with him when he tragically lost his son. I will raise a hotty toddy toast to him at kickoff tonight. RIP, Dewayne, and greatest condolences to his family. He will be sorely missed.
I feel great sorrow for his family and friends. He will be especially missed by the Hinds County legal community. That Court is in trouble. He held it together. A truly fine man. RIP
Remembering Friday afternoons in the Fall.Judge Dewayne at one end of the bar at Hal & Mal's and Hal at the other, both loving their teams as hard as they could.Probably doing the same now in Heaven. Hotty Toddy DeWayne.
Never heard of him, but the most OM looking man ever.
Ole Miss won Dewayne. We won. RIP good man.
Post a Comment