The late Dolly Parton came to Jackson a few times early in her career. Check out her promotions.
![]() |
| 1968 |
![]() |
| 1969 |
![]() |
| 1970 |
![]() |
| 1973 |
A website of news, commentary, culture, & jackassery in the Jackson, Mississippi area.
Jackson Jambalaya - Copyright © 2008 · Theme by Brian Gardner · Bloggerized by Zona Cerebral and GirlyBlogger

7 comments:
Preceded by Kenny Rogers and Whitney Houston. Both great voices who shared their talent and were connected to Dolly through music. https://youtu.be/pW2TgGy5gjY
Holy Shit 3.50 for tickets. Talk about your good old days.
That’s what we need, more shindigs.
I remember the TV ads that Porter and Dolly did for Breeze detergent. Geez I'm old...
Dolly was not a saint, but she was such an angelic source of comfort and kindness to so many on this Earth. Well done, Dolly. Well done. May God bless her family.
Live music used to be everywhere and affordable. We also had these things called newspapers.
Signed I. M. Old.
I saw Jackson Browne in the Coliseum (late '70s--early '80s) and I think it was Dolly who opened for him. Anyone else there?
Post a Comment