CARA posted this message on Facebook.
CARA friends and supporters, we feel the need to let our extended CARA family know that our shelter, the CARA compound, was broken into and vandalized last Tuesday night during the wee morning hours. We want you to know first and foremost that all of our animals are safe. They broke locks off of the pod and storage trailer, broke into our photo building and our office supply storage building. They also got through the locked exterior door into our cattery, but were not able to compromise the lock on the inside door that leads to the cats. And we are beyond thankful for that. They also broke into our shelter Toyota pickup, stealing the radio system, but were unable to steal the truck. Because of the damage they did trying, that vehicle will likely be totaled. They also cut through our fencing all the way around this 30,000 sq ft building. Most likely, they were attempting to get inside the main building through the dog yards. I can only imagine how intimidating a shelter with 250 barking dogs sounds in the middle of the night from the outside. We feel sure that is the only thing that kept them from going in. However, we were very distraught to get here this morning to find that they have been back. They cut fencing in different yards that was not previously cut, probably still looking for that magic door that they could enter that may be free of dogs.
Our biggest concern is for the safety of these precious animals. That is by far most important. Any material items they take, can be replaced. We are a non-profit and we struggle to even have the things needed to run a shelter of this size. Therefore, a lot of what we have is used, probably not worth much to someone like these thieves. But the lives of these babies are invaluable and we will protect them at all cost. We are in the process of getting quotes from alarm and surveillance companies, as what we have is ancient and really not worth much for protection. We are also getting quotes on fencing. And it's a lot of fencing. Truth is, the fencing we have, other than what is in our dog park, is pieced together and has been for the 10 years that we have been here. We have known for some time that we need new, more secure fencing just for daily use by employees and our dogs. At this point, it doesn't make much sense to try to patch and rig any further. If there is any possible way, we would like to finally get some decent fencing here.
And all of that brings me to this. You guys, we need help. We hate to ask for help and those of you who know us, know that we rarely do ask. I mean, very rarely. It has to be a very desperate situation. And this is a desperate situation. We have got to get in line with other local shelters and the surveillance and alarm systems they have in place to protect their animals. We are still in the dark ages and obviously, we have got to change that. We are going to scrape from every corner we can possibly find to take this on, but we sincerely cannot do this without help from our community. Anyone who feels led to help us move into this direction, please consider donating to our organization. We need your help now more than ever. These animals are top priority, whatever that means to keep them safe. If it means begging, then we have it to do. I apologize that we need to ask for help, but this time, there is no getting around it.
As always, thank you bigger than I can say for your support over the last 16 years. Everything we have been able to do, we've been able to do because of you. And we have never lost sight of that, nor will we ever. Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide. (VH) Donate here if you want to help.
Saturday, February 18, 2017
CARA posted this message on Facebook.
Universal Press Syndicate
Apr 24, 2017
King Features Syndicate
Apr 23, 2017
Apr 22, 2017
John R. Rose
Byrd Newspapers of Virginia
Apr 21, 2017
WJTV News 12
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- Hinds deputy sues R. Kelly for alienation of affection, claims he gave wife STD.
- Ballpark brawl (Updated)
- Mayfield's widow wants answers from attorney
- Arrest warrant issued in ballpark brawl. (Updated)
- Zebert paroled
- Chokwe files
- Lumumba leads new poll.
- Canton Clown
- 30 for 20
- Meet the new expert on Jackson: Vice
- The Gold Coast of Rankin County
- Mississippi government online services
- PERS Coverage
- Hinds County Coverage
- Frazier coverage
- JPS & Education
- Madison County coverage
- Health Care bill readings
- Heather Spencer Murder
- Steadivest fraud case
- Jackson interest-rate swaps/refinance of bonds
- Evans case
- Jackson Airport stuff
- The Obamacare trap
- JPS to consolidate schools
- Meet the Zach Scruggs Employment Act
- Reeves: Internet tax is unconstitutional
- Reward increased for Deaton to $30,000.
- Deficit forces UMMC to cut budget
- Will Judge Tomie Green bless Blessed again?
- Mayor Yarber announces re-election bid
- Nationwide alert issued for Alex Deaton
- Reddix company accused of bribery in Alabama jail ...
- The Hound of Heaven
- Bill Crawford: Is it a tax increase or a shift?
- Suspect sought in Rankin killing (Updated)
- SJW of the day
- Horhn is running for Mayor.
- Fl. gun instructor charged in fatal training accid...
- Ben Allen asks court to toss verdict
- 5th Circuit: Citizens can videotape police
- The Facebooks visit Mississippi
- Commish announces health insurance relief
- What is going on at the Pinelands?
- Deputy busted
- Priester defends borrowing $90 million
- Jackson might borrow $90 million
- Third sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Sher...
- Madison PD seeks Walmart thief
- Rick Cleveland: Who should get the Howell Trophy?
- Governor announces more budget cuts
- Water outage planned
- More Skybox drama
- MBI: Shooting death of Gorman was accidental.
- Heroine of the day
- Highland Village ceases charity events.
- Zippity Bye-Bye
- JPS: Spending money is not spending money
- Our divorce laws suck. They really do.
- The Roads of Madison County
- On the other side of meaningless
- CARA vandalized
- Bill Crawford: Shortfalls, cuts, & oversight fight...
- Smart dog.
- Karl Banks will get his day in court
- SOS gives update on legislative agenda
- Crimestopper alert
- Homework was never quite like this
- Treasurer: State running up the credit card
- Too funny
- Pizza Hut & Maywood Mart settle
- The blessings of Judge Tomie Green
- DPS stonewalls again
- Fatality in Spillway Road accident
- New weight loss procedure comes to Madison.
- Camera shows suspect in WMPR vandalism
- Sales Tax Commission Update
- Rick Clevelend waxes on about college baseball
- DA posts Ben Allen's SSN online
- Claiborne keeps trying
- To be 14 and stupid
- JPS wants to pay Stringfellow $24,000 for "consult...
- Training Director sues DPS for retaliation
- JPD officer fired for striking suspect
- Boil water notice continues in South Jackson
- Former Mississippi Soccer Association Executive Di...
- Presenting the late Dr. Frank Pollard
- Triple homicide
- Bill Crawford: Move remediation to community colle...
- Gobbledygook of the day
- Terror at Terry High School
- Update on the story Jerry Mitchell won't cover
- Senate bans gov. agencies using lobbyists
- Landing employee arrested for embezzlement
- Governor appoints Lamar to IHL Board
- Carjacking gone live (Video)
- Hood goes after Epps accomplices
- More blessings from Judge Tomie Green
- Clinton property owner pleads guilty to 1,400 code...
- Rick Cleveland: Suffering the deadline monkey
- Guilty of one count
- Hood slams Gov
- Lock & load: Suspects ID'ed in Rankin home invasio...
- Senate passes BP bill
- The jury steps up to the plate
- No comment.
- Bigger Pie: Kemper doomed from the start.
- Judge Tomie Green gives more blessings
- D.A. tries to subpoena Jerry Mitchell
- Madison County pays Warnock $550,000
- Catch & Release Carjacker
- Ben Allen Trial Update: "You are confused"
- Too funny
- Deputies seize $300,000 of liquid meth
- Sunday morning sermon.
- Stop teasing us.
- C.Y.A. time for Jackson Judge
- ▼ February (119)
- ► 2016 (1504)
- ► 2015 (1589)
- ► 2014 (1315)
- ► 2013 (1080)
- ► 2012 (1088)
- ► 2011 (1049)
- ► 2010 (942)
- ► 2009 (975)
- ► 2008 (931)
- ► 2007 (398)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Presenting the Mississippi State Capitol (Video)
- Editorial: The airport belongs to Jackson. Period.
- Kelly arrested for taking pics of Rose Cochran
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- PERS gets mo' money but funding level falls
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Rez News
- West Jackson Facebook page
- Y'all Politics
- Downtown Jackson Partners
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.