A shootout took place between some hoodlums on McDowell Road in front of Key Elementary. Although the information is not verified, one woman posted on Facebook:
It was a shootout in front of key elementary, with 2 guys. The bullets did come inside the school through the cafeteria. No one was hurt or injured. All the students and teachers are accounted for. No one was walking through the highways of key elementary with a gun. In order to get into the school building, you would have to get buzz in, or someone would have to open the door for you from the inside. ...
JPS said the students are safe.
Update: JPD issued the following statement.
The Jackson Police Department is investigating a shooting which occurred on
McDowell Rd and Paden Street this morning at 10:58 am.
Precinct 1 officers were dispatched to the report of a shooting on Paden Street. When
they arrived the shooting had ended however officers learned that two groups of young
black males had been firing weapons at each other at that location.
Multiple shell casings were located on both McDowell Rd and Paden Street. The
casings were from both assault weapons and semi-auto pistols. Two rounds struck
the Key Elementary School building. No one in the school was injured and as far as we
know at this time, no one was injured who was involved in the shooting.
When Robbery /Homicide Unit Detectives arrived, they reviewed video surveillance footage
of the area which shows the individuals in the area prior to the shooting.
The Mobile Crime Unit also responded to the scene. The shell casings were recovered
and placed into evidence and the crime scene was processed.
Investigators were also able to obtain other leads and are currently following up on
them. We will submit updates as this case develops.
JPD and JPS are working collaboratively on this case.
29 comments:
Jackson will never get business to move back in with this violences going on.
Imagine how much worse Jackson would be without the zoo.
Another reminder of why you should do all that you can to send you kids to private school.
Schools are gun free zones so this report has to be incorrect.
Who, in Jackson, wants businesses to 'move back in'?
I believe if I were going to public school in Jackson and was old enough to join the army, I would do so for safety reasons.
We need to arm those kids so they can fire back.
12:54 For the win.....that is FUNNY!!!!!!
Shooting near a school is illegal. How could this happen? Oh wait, this is Jackson. Disregard.
If this story is true, the guns involved were illegal, illegally possessed, likely stolen. Surprise roadblocks and searches can be legally arranged as was done in Memphis where hundreds of guns were seized and arrests made, simultaneously reducing violent crime. Does Dokka Chief resent legal roadblocks and searches as intrusive, racist, insensitive or too effective?
This has to be Trump's fault. Or Tate's fault.
They made it sound since the shooting did not occur inside the school, EVERYTHING is just fine.
2:04 you must be Bill Crawford
I went through a road block this past Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. in Pearl...while it was a bit strange to me, I'm sure they had a perfectly good reason and I wasn't offended in the least! So Jackson residents can claim its racists, intrusive, insensitive or whatever else they want to say, but it happens everywhere when it needs to happen! Thank you Pearl PD! (I don't even live in Pearl.)
@2:14PM, Learn to recognize sarcasm.
That’s funny! Lol!
"Another reminder of why you should do all that you can to send you kids to private school."
Maybe they teach correct grammar there as well.
Be rich, feel rich and do rich then your children too can avoid stray gunfire. I don't have children but do have pets, being rich helps me to live in a safe area away from the violent poors. My pets feel secure and appreciate the lack of gunfire. Moral of the story? Get rich or take a stray bullet trying.
2:54 I recognized it - was just screwing with 2:04
bring back code duello, 10 paces turn and fire, let the bodies fall where they may.
A shooting at 10:58am is unheard of . These fools are getting totally out of control. Nothing will ever be done until something bad happens to someone important or the Judges close friends or families. This shit is ridiculous! The Police can’t continue to arrest and the weak ass judges in Hinds County Continue to allow these travesties. We do not want this in our Communities! Judges are you thinking about our children? An example has to be made!!!
Judges, we need to lock some asses up and throw away the key! We don’t need innocents and kids getting killed!
How Paden Street looked in 1963: https://youtube.com/watch?v=LmqaBr5Ud-A&pp=ygUUUGFkZW4gc3RyZWV0IGphY2tzOW4%3D
"Shell casings" are from shotguns (shotgun shells). "Bullet casings" is the correct term.
10:58 am? Their employers gave them the day off?
@7:58,
From what I can tell they CANNOT do much of anything about the crime. If you expand police presence in these areas, the powers that be would scream racism, police state, and all of that garbage. If the OTHER powers that be throw money at the problem, folks will scream "its not enough!!!" I firmly believe something I heard while Lumumba was in office, "these folks thrive on chaos." They want these talking points to scream at their voter base and get elected and or stay in office. If we ever want things to get better we (white and black folks) are going to have to work together, and stop listening to the assholes (white and black) in positions of power.
9;08 - If you expand police patrols in the area, Kenny Stokes would recommend throwing rocks and bottles at them.
@10:32, yep, I am 9:08 and I 100 percent agree. This is an issue that affects us ALL. I mean, you cant even go to the zoo without fear of being shot. Granted that is a very small example of the bigger issue, it demonstrates the point quite well. I am a white guy, I am not a racist, I don't care what I am called, the only thing I want is for EVERYONE to be happy and safe, and the only way to get there is if we ALL work together. We have gotta stop listening to these shitheads that want to keep us divided.
I mean it does say it happened out front on the street. Maybe read it next time?
Post a Comment