In next year’s statewide elections, I am a candidate for State Auditor. Our State Auditor is responsible for ensuring your tax dollars are being spent honestly and wisely. Mississippi must have an auditor with conservative values because it is an outrage when your hard-earned tax dollars are wasted or stolen.
As you look at the candidates, don’t just look at what they say they’re going to do, look at what they have done. Like Patrick Henry said, the only way to judge the future is by the past. So, ask yourself, “Do the candidates have the record to back up their promises?” As for me, my public service record shows a longstanding commitment to conservative values. First, Mississippi deserves a State Auditor who understands that government doesn’t have any money of its own. The money belongs to the people who worked for it. As a state representative, I passionately believed and still believe that government takes too much of the money you earn. That’s why I was a vocal advocate for and a coauthor of HB 531, the Mississippi Tax Freedom Act of 2022. That bill was then the largest tax cut in state history and set us on the path to eliminate the state personal income tax altogether. I was honored to be chosen by then-Speaker Philip Gunn as one of a select group of House members who defended that tax-elimination bill in a joint hearing with members from the Senate. The State Auditor should also be someone who understands that government doesn’t create wealth. The communists believe government creates wealth. They believe government creates everything good and holy. I believe the opposite. The purpose of government is to protect the right to earn a good living, to take care of your family, and to uphold the freedom and the values necessary to worship God in peace and tranquility.Hardworking Mississippians are the ones keeping the wheels of small business and industry turning. The resources the State Auditor is responsible for overseeing won’t be there in the first place unless we have a good environment for job creation. That means holding back the taxes and regulations that strangle the industries and small businesses that create those jobs. I am proud of my proven pro-business track record – BIPEC honored me six times as a Champion of Business and Industry. The State Auditor likewise has to be someone who will work to make Mississippi the best place in the nation to raise a family, someone who will stand in the gap against the crazies who want to abolish the family and destroy kids. I have stood up to these bullies my entire career in public service. In 2018, I cosponsored HB 1510, the law that overturned Roe v. Wade. We led the nation in fighting to protect the unborn. No matter what else I achieve in public service, that effort will always have a special place in my heart. In 2023, I co-authored and spent hours in “the well” on the House floor defending HB 1125, the bill that banned gender-transition procedures for kids. The liberals threw everything they could at me, but that law passed overwhelmingly and now Mississippi kids will never be victimized by these barbaric procedures. In 2023, as chairman of the Judiciary B Committee, I worked with House leadership and my legislative colleagues to shepherd a bill to keep kids safe from pornographic websites. And as committee chairman, I helped pass another bill to prevent kids from being accidentally exposed to harmful content while using taxpayer-funded educational databases. The State Auditor must be committed to law and order. As a state representative, I was a leader in the creation of the Capitol Complex Improvement District (CCID), which gave our law enforcement officers additional resources to fight crime in Jackson. Finally, your State Auditor must understand that we can’t have law and order unless we have the backs of the brave officers who put their lives on the line to protect us. I am proud to be a recipient of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s Legislative Leadership Award. I was recognized by the Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers’ Association as Legislator of the Year. And, I was honored to receive the Patrick J. Nolan Award for Criminal Justice Leadership from the American Conservative Union. As you consider who to support for State Auditor in next year’s statewide election, I hope you will consider my proven record of conservative leadership. I would be honored to roll up my sleeves and work hard for you as State Auditor.
This post is a paid advertisement.

